Chongqing athletes get their best result ever in the Asian Games
CHONGQING (CQNEWS) -- On the afternoon of 5 October, Chongqing athlete Li Yiming grabbed the silver medal after a 5-1 defeat to Iranian athlete Mohammad Hadi Salavi in the men's Greco-Roman wrestling 97kg final competition in the 19th Asian Games (Hangzhou). Compared with the 4 gold, 1 silver, and 1 bronze obtained in the previous Asian Games in Jakarta, Chongqing won 4 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze in the Hangzhou Asian Games so far. It’s the best result the team of Chongqing has ever achieved in the Asian Games.
● On September 27, Chongqing shooting athlete Liu Jiangchi won the team title in the men’s skeet competitions.
● On September 28, Liu Jiangchi and his teammate Jiang Yiting won the bronze medal in the skeet mixed team competition.
● On September 28, the post-00s Chongqing MMA fighter He Feng beat Mohammadseifi Mohsen, the three-time winner in the Asian Games, by a score of 2 to 1, winning the gold medal in the men’s MMA 70kg competition.
● On September 28, Wang Yingying and her teammate defeated South Korean athletes, winning the championship in the women's foil team final.
● On October 4, He Xianghong and his teammates won the championship in the 35km race walk mixed teams final, grabbing the fourth gold medal for Chongqing in the Hangzhou Asian Games.
● On October 3, Yang Dingxin and his teammate won the silver medal in the men's Go team final.
● On October 5, wrestler Li Yiming won the silver medal in men's Greco-Roman wrestling 97kg final. (Translated by Yuki, Fathom Language Limited)